Tuesday, April 14, 2009

1st Obsession: BE COHESIVE

If you haven't read, " The 4 Obsessions of An Extraordinary Executive," I highly recommend that you do. For all of us wanting to improve and develop as leaders, I believe it is a must read! The vast majority of the book is written as a fictional account distinguishing the contrasts between A HIGHLY EFFECTIVE CEO AND an average CEO.

The first obsession of an Highly Effective leader is " BUILD AND MAINTAIN A COHESIVE LEADERSHIP TEAM." In order for an organization to be healthy and vibrant, the leadership team must be cohesively functioning as 1 unit. As leaders, we are only as productive as the teams we build and maintain. A leader who fails to build trust within his team, is a leader who is destined for failure.

As a young leader, I have the urge to do everything myself. At this point in life, I have an over consumption of ideas and nuances that I believe could or would be effective in what I am doing. However, I must understand that unless my team is as passionate about my ideas as I am, the ideas will surely fall by the side. If I believe my vision is vital to the organization, then it is my job as a leader to infuse that belief in to the people I have been called to lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment